Medical Coding and Billing Training in India
A medical coding and billing specialist in India undergoes an intensive medical billing and coding program. This training ensures that Indian medical coding specialists possess the most up to date industry information and produce excellent quality results for overseas customers.
At Outsource2india, our medical coding specialists study topics like medical terminology, human anatomy, physiology, medical law, ethics (HIPAA), medical coding and medical billing. Our specialists are also trained in administrative topics such as computerized accounting basics, business communication, professional development and much more. This medical coding and billing training program is conducted for about 5 months.
Outsource2india's specialists are then trained in evaluating and interpreting health records and reports in order to accurately code diagnoses and procedures according to recognized classification systems. This program also provides them with the basic skills and knowledge needed to submit medical claims for reimbursement, process bills, and operate medical office software.
The Medical Coding and Billing Training Course at O2I
The medical billing course covers a wide range of topics in the medical industry. It is split into modules that deal with current practices, legal issues, documentation guidelines, history and much more.
Module 1 includes -
- Ethics in coding
- Medical terminology
- HCFA documentation guidelines
- Evaluation and management auditing
Module 2 includes:
Industry History & the Codes
- ICD Codes
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- Private Physician Practice
- Hospital Services
- Background & Experience of the Coder
Here specialists are taught about procedures like how reference books are used, coding guidelines, Outpatient & Physician Office Coding and much more.
This section takes specialists right through all the guidelines for CPT coding from the evolution to a thorough understanding of symbols, modifiers, evaluation, management services and much more.
Liability and Legal Issues
In this section, the specialists are trained in the various liability and legal issues.
Module 3 includes -
- The medical record as a source document
- Medical abbreviations
- Diagnostic and laboratory testing
- Inpatient reimbursement process
Upon the completion of the Medical Coding and Billing Training program, O2I's specialists are equipped to -
- Read and interpret medical record documentation to identify codeable diagnoses and procedures for data capture and billing.
- Accurately assign diagnostic and procedure codes for reimbursement and statistical purposes
- Apply knowledge of official coding guidelines to correctly sequence diagnostic and procedure codes
- Abstract information from patient records to complete insurance claims
- Gain knowledge of various reimbursement methodologies and fee schedules
- Link diagnostic codes to the proper procedure codes to ensure accurate claims submission
- Accurately assign diagnostic and procedure codes through the use of encoders and other computer software
TAT 98% Accuracy 40% Cost Reduction 300+ Customers 24 years Experience
Customer-oriented healthcare outsourcing is our forte. Get in touch with us
This outline of the medical coding and billing training course gives an understanding of what medical specialists at Outsource2india are capable of handling. At Outsource2india, we ensure that medical billing and coding training is intensive so that our specialists are extremely proficient in delivering quality results.
Software At O2I Healthcare
Specialties HIPAA Compliance HIPAA 5010
Standards Compliance CPT Coding
Billing Process Charge
Entry Process Medical
Coding Process Medical
Claims Process FAQs on Medical Accounts
Receivable Services FAQs on Outsourcing
Claims Adjudication Services Medical
Transcription Process HL7 ICD-10 Compliance
- US-based Healthcare Research & Consulting Firm Approached O2I For Medical Transcription Services
- Outsource2india Provided Patient Onboarding Services to a Leading Healthcare Company
- Outsource2india Assisted a Florida-based Medical Billing Company with ICD-10 Implementation
- Caribbean Radiologists Got STAT Reports Automation Services from Outsource2india
- Outsource2india Helped a Medical Imaging Firm with Quick Teleradiology Services
- O2I Processed Over 3000 Encounters Related to Rehabilitation Care for a Group of Physicians from Indianapolis