O2I Provided Compelling Solution for Faster and Error-free Underwriting
Our client is a well-known mortgage lender firmly rooted in the West Coast. They have a growing footprint spanned across 20 states in the USA. The client is specialized in retail and wholesale lending.
The client faced a surge in work volume and had fewer resources to keep up with the increase in work rate and delivering services with accuracy. The client relationship began to suffer, eventually impacting employee morale. This prompted the client to consider our help for the following -
- Tidying up the existing loan underwriting backlog
- Handling the increase in loan volume
- Restoring the accuracy in underwriting tasks
- Lowering the operational expenses
- Reinforcing the client confidence to ensure a lasting relationship
The outsourced task needed expert-level evaluation to optimize the client's in-house team by determining gaps and realigning with their goals. We faced the following challenges -
- We had to review the existing process to investigate the deviation
- The time intervals between tasks had been shortened
- A quality assurance team had to be appointed
- To ensure consistent underwriting performance, skilled underwriters had to be hired
- Client communication had to be reinforced
The client's existing workflow was studied, and the task was cut out accordingly. Based on the client's requirement we appointed skilled underwriters for the roles. Our team of two senior underwriters who were introduced to the client's process through webinars and phone calls. Gaps in the tasks were closed by customizing a functional plan. The task was split between initial and final underwriting phases. We stuck to a checklist-based approach to execute the project. Our process is as follows -
Adhere to Automatic Underwriting System (AUS) Checklist
We will stick to instructions on the checklist and adhere to standard policies
Data Validation with Borrower
The data will be extensively evaluated to ensure it is accurate and reliable
We will make a side-by-side comparison of your data with the borrowers to ensure matching values
Recording Data in AUS
We will seek justification for values that do not match with the record
Evaluate the Data for Accuracy
The complete data will be logged into the AUS
The daily income calculation needs will be monitored and dedicatedly maintained
Justify the Value of Collateral
We will justify the property value with comparable that you can count upon the fact-based data
Documentation of Files and Income
If the mortgage files require income documentation, we will file every necessary document to ensure consistency
With the completion of the project, the client availed the following benefits -
- The TAT for underwriting backlog was steeply reduced to 48 hours from a few weeks that was formerly achieved by the client
- A few underwriting files were processed within 24 hours setting a new benchmark
- We eliminated the need for hiring and training a full-time underwriting professional
- We solidified the client's relationship with borrowers and brokers
- The business volume was gradually increased
Outsource Underwriting Services to Outsource2india - Mortgage Services Expert
Outsource2india is an ISO 9001:2015 accredited outsourcing company that offers underwriting support for lenders that cover a range of underwriting challenges faced by lenders, and other financial institutions. With 24 years of experience in mortgage services, we have become the go-to choice for several clients from around the world. Whether it is scalability, resources, or inefficiency we have the solution you need to solve most concerns in the mortgage business. The best part about working with us is we offer a free quote without upfront charge.
Contact us now and customize a plan that is worth your budget and requirement.
Get a FREE QUOTE!
Decide in 24 hours whether outsourcing will work for you.
Have specific requirements? Email us at:
116 Village Blvd, Suite 200, Princeton, NJ 08540
Flatworld Mortgage Solutions LLC
116 Village Blvd, Suite 220, Princeton, NJ 08540
135 Camino Dorado, Suite 7, Napa, CA 94588.