Outsourcing to Kolkata
The city of Kolkata, or Calcutta, as it was previously known, is the capital of the Indian state of West Bengal. Over the past few years, Kolkata has grown to become a major IT outsourcing destination in eastern India. If your company is looking for an outsourcing destination where labor is cheap and easily available, then Kolkata is the place for you. When it comes down to finance or commerce, Kolkata is the main business center in eastern India. Kolkata based software companies, such as; TCG Software, UshaComm, Alumnus Software Serenus Infotech, Metalogic Systems, Data–Core, Alumnus Software, TCG Software, RS Software and Alumnus Software have been responsible for the growth of outsourcing and information technology in Kolkata..
Kolkata’s major IT and IT–SEZ parks at Salt Lake, Rajarhat and Bantala has attracted foreign software organizations to directly outsource to Kolkata. Over 80,000 employees work at the Salt Lake IT Park while 10,000 employees work at the Rajarhat IT Park. Leading IT companies from the USA and Europe have branches in Kolkata’s spacious and well–equipped software technology parks. The new east Kolkata IT Park at Nonadanga, set up in 2010, has been attracting several global IT corporations. HSBC Electronics Data Processing Limited, HCL Infosystems and Rolta are soon to set up branches in the park.
Why outsource to Kolkata?
- Among other Indian outsourcing destinations, such as Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai, Kolkata has the lowest attrition rate.
- The city of Kolkata has 12 universities, numerous educational institutes and several affiliated colleges. Kolkata’s internationally reputed colleges supply IT companies with a large skilled workforce on a yearly basis.
- You can easily find a vendor in metropolitan Kolkata for any service, as the city has some of India’s best software and telecom firms.
- The state of West Bengal is currently the third fastest growing economy in India. The IT sector in Kolkata is growing at a fast rate of 70 percent per year which is twice of the national average of India. Outsourcing to Kolkata can prove to be profitable for your business.
- In the year of 2009, the GDP of Kolkata was the third highest among other Indian cities. Kolkata’s low cost of living and growing economy have made it one of the global centers of business in terms of PPP (purchasing power parity) and GDP.
- Kolkata’s urban infrastructure and low real estate costs have also made the city an ideal outsourcing location for global IT companies.
- The city of Kolkata is the abode of the Eastern Region Council of NASSCOM, which is a leading trade body and also the chamber of commerce of IT and BPO industries in India.
Kolkata is home to leading service providers
Kolkata is the perfect outsourcing destination for any back–end service, be it BPO, ITO, customer support, product development, ADM, software testing, finance and accounting services or engineering. At Kolkata, you can easily find a suitable vendor. Kolkata is the abode of famous Indian IT companies, such as, Tata Interactive Systems, Wipro, Aditya Birla Minacs, TCS, NIIT Technologies, Sonata Software, Tech Mahindra, Tata Interactive Systems, Moser Baer Ltd, HCL Technologies, CMC Limited, Genpact, ITC Infotech and Cognizant.
Several international companies have also set up branches in Kolkata to tap in to the advantages that the city offers. Some of them are Cisco Systems, Sun Microsystems, HSBC Global Technology, Intel Asia Electronics Inc, Capgemini, Deloitte, Novell, Honeywell, Texas Instruments, IBM, Atos Origin, Siemens, PwC, Foster Wheeler, Lexmark, ABN AMRO, AIG and Skytech.
Easily set up IT operations with the help of WEBEL
WEBEL (West Bengal Electronics Industry Development Corporation) is a support center for IT investors to ensure the ease of outsourcing operations in Kolkata. Through WEBEL, you can procure office space on rent/lease or even purchase land. Your company can avoid bureaucratic problems by using WEBEL to interact with government bodies and the local municipality in getting power connections or internet connectivity.
The "IT Incubation Center" was set up by WEBEL to make the most of the talented human resources and knowledge competencies in Kolkata. Skilled telecom and software professionals in Kolkata can build their own IT start ups or turn their ideas into business propositions by using WEBEL.
Five star luxury hotels in Kolkata
Enjoy the vivacious life of Kolkata and experience Bengali hospitality at its best only at the finest five star luxury hotels in Kolkata. While in Kolkata, on the business of outsourcing, you can feel right at home in Kolkata’s five star luxury hotels that offer world class ambience and friendly services.
Within any of the five star luxury hotels in Kolkata, you can indulge in a range of activities. From bookshops to lounges, to fitness centers and night club, Kolkata’s hotels have it all. You can use the hotel’s spacious boardrooms to meet with suitable vendors. Take your pick from the following five star luxury hotels in Kolkata:
- Chrome Hotel
- Ffort Hotel
- Hotel Hindustan International
- Hyatt Regency
- ITC Sonar
- The Park
- Hotel Oberoi
- Floatel Hotel
- Fortune Park Panchwati
- IndiSmart Hotel
- The Kenilworth
- The Peerless Inn
Tourist attractions in Kolkata
Do take time off from your busy schedule to visit the tourist attractions in Kolkata. Whether it is the Howrah Bridge, the British–era buildings, the historical monuments, the informative museums or the modern amusement parks, you can be sure to enjoy the famous tourist attractions in Kolkata:
- Fort William
- Victoria Memorial
- Eden Gardens
- Birla Planetarium
- Howrah Bridge
- Marble Palace
- Writer’s Building
- Nicco Park
- Saheed Minar
- National Library
- Belur Math
- Botanical Gardens
- Science City
- Indian Museum
- Asiatic Society
- Rabindra Bharti Museum
If you are keen on outsourcing to India, choose Kolkata as your outsourcing destination and benefit from the city’s urban infrastructure, low cost of living, low attrition rate and skilled resources. Make a decision to outsource to Kolkata now.