How to Outsource to India?
Did you know that outsourcing non-core business functions to India can result in manifold benefits? Over the years, outsourcing has only increased in popularity as it offers companies new ways to reduce administrative tasks, increase profits and standardize services. From low labor costs to greater productivity and access to specialized skills, outsourcing offers advantages that your company cannot afford to ignore. Here are few rules and best practices to help you get the best results when you outsource to India:
Assemble a team
Build a dedicated committee within your company to conduct research on the feasibility of outsourcing for your organization. Once the research is completed, you can determine if outsourcing to India will increase your profitability. You will also be able to establish if your company can balance the investment and effort required to make an outsourcing transition.
List services/ functions to be outsourced
Identify and select areas and functions of your business that can be outsourced to India. Make an assessment of the costs and required human resources for the planning, training and implementation phases of outsourcing to India.
Hire an acquisition consultant
Engage an experienced acquisition/ merger development consultant to handle the technicalities of outsourcing to India for you. You can find acquisition/ merger development consultants by searching the internet or by inquiring with colleagues or professionals within your industry.
Create a business plan
Update your company's business plan. Create a long-term as well as short-term strategy for outsourcing success during the transition of outsourcing operations to India. Remember to identify the requirements to ensure a successful outsourcing transition.
Create a comprehensive list
Make a list of the equipment and acquisition procedures required to successfully outsource your business operations to India.
Evaluate prospective vendors
Write a RFP (Request for Proposal) and send it to potential Indian outsourcing companies who can assist your company with business functions that your company cannot manage in-house.
- Assign one or more team members to track and manage the RFP process with potential Indian outsourcing companies
- Evaluate all the proposals that your receive and choose the most appropriate Indian vendor to begin an outsourcing partnership
- Ask for references for the Indian vendors that you wish to partner with
Obtain & review important data
Acquire all important information and documentation, such as case studies, success stories and legal requirements. Review this data with your internal team.
- Build a SWOT (successes, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis that would include all the information that you have gathered. Call for a meeting with your team and chart out a plan to address each element
- Search and interview prospective vendors from India who can meet your company's unique business requirements
Get ready for setbacks
Prepare your company for the road blocks that you may encounter while outsourcing to India. Problems such as, language barriers or cultural differences can arise in any outsourcing project and may impede the outsourcing process, so it is always better to stay prepared.
- Plan the entire outsourcing transition and develop a contingency plan in the rare event of encountering problems with project managers/ vendors or missing a deadline
Start the outsourcing process
You can start the process of outsourcing to India according to your plans
Train and familiarize your team in India with adequate information about your corporate operations and business expectations.
- Execute a SLA (service level agreement) with your outsourcing team in India to make sure that corporate goals and performance levels align with business operations elsewhere
- Remember to monitor service levels by using standardized processes, such as, telephony systems to record calls or web based reporting applications that will enable managers to observe staff performance
Make regular contact
Make sure that your team in India remains updated on the progress of your company and other important information through regular telephone or web conferencing meetings. Remember to maintain contact with the team in India throughout the course of the outsourcing project.
Outsource to India now
When you outsource to India, remember to only hire the most qualified professionals available, who can effortlessly handle your business tasks. From the onset of the outsourcing project, remember to constantly monitor the initial implementation right up to the end of the project. While outsourcing to India, you can rent equipment, if possible, to further reduce the cost of operations. Make a list of alternative outsourcing vendors in the rare case of your vendor relationship ending during the outsourcing project.
Outsource2india is one of India's leading providers of outsourcing services. You name the service and Outsource2india can handle it, be it customer support, transcription, data entry, engineering, design, content writing or web analytics. Get in touch with us today to start outsourcing to India.