A Case Study on How BPO Process Gaps for a Healthcare BPO Company Were Fixed
A leading healthcare BPO company based out of UAE approached us at Outsource2india with a requirement to improve their BPO process. The customer's BPO division handles over a million customer calls every month, but their customer satisfaction levels were plummeting downwards. Even their CSAT was as low as 47%. Since the customer was a part of the healthcare industry, it was unacceptable for the company to find a low level of satisfaction from their customers. At Outsource2india, our role was to nail down the causes for the low CSAT levels and then to provide a customized BPO solution that would help the company's performance to soar.
At the onset of the project, the BPO team at Outsource2india decided to dissect the problem and get to the root cause. Through a detailed analysis, we identified some of the critical issues in the process that were affecting the customer's BPO's performance. The following were the requirements of the customer:
- There was a linguistic and cultural mismatch between the BPO's personnel and the client's customers. The client's customer base was native Arabs while the BPO employees of the customer (5 male agents and 5 female agents) were not native Arabic speakers. This language barrier made it difficult for the employees to effectively address the culture-specific requirements of the customers
- There was a critical need to align the BPO support team with the standard processes that govern BPO functioning. The BPO team also required intensive training in BPO platform management
- The BPO's turnaround time lagged over a period of 7 days in contacting their customers after discharge
- The support BPO team worked only 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) and only between 9 am to 5 pm. This posed a serious limitation for the customers who wanted to contact our client
- The customers wanted to make sure that they were talking to an Arab agent and would ask the BPO employees for their last name
- Female patients of our client would submit contact numbers of the male members of their family instead of their own
- The customer reach percentage was less than 2%
After identifying the unique problems that were affecting our client's BPO, we deployed one our best teams to implement a customized BPO platform. Our skilled BPO team refurbished the entire BPO process of the customer by adopting the following measures:
1. BPO Service Timings: We increased the support time span by a period of 4 hours. Next, we made the support center available from 7 AM to 7 PM. To match the working week of UAE, we decided to change the work days of the BPO to Sunday to Thursday instead of Monday to Friday. Multiple shifts was also introduced to meet the time demand with WFM.
2. Local BPO Agents: We hired a team of native speaking Arabs to eliminate the cultural gaps.
3. Support Infrastructure: We enhanced the infrastructure for the customer's BPO center and included best-of-breed voice, email and internet facilities. This helped in substantially reducing the turnaround time of the BPO team.
4. Value Added Support Services: We also offered a host of value added services, such as the following:
- We extended the 24 hour call support for excess processing requirements during peak hours
- The BPO agents were given customized 'Last Names' to suit the caller's country
- The DID number was masked based on the caller's country
- The BPO agents were given 20% hand-outs
- Culture specific provisions were specially created to record rebuttals from the objections raised by the male family members of female patients
- The BPO process of the customer was continuously improvised and enhanced based on Lean and Six Sigma methods
- The database of the customer was always kept up-to-date
- The BPO application was rectified periodically
The expert services provided by our diligent BPO team was able to impact the client's business in a big way. Within a short time span of just 2 months, we were able to present the following results to our customer.
- From an unsatisfactory 47% the CSAT galloped to a whopping 85% - 87%
- The turnaround time was improved by 24%
These two critical success points have pivoted our customer's growth as a leading healthcare BPO company. High levels of professionalism, overall performance and improved productivity of the customer's BPO process, helped us fix the process gaps faced by our customer. In short, we at Outsource2india were rewarded with an extremely happy customer who wished to continue to partner with us.
Outsource BPO Services to Outsource2india
Do you want to establish or streamline the BPO process of your company? If yes, get in touch with us right away. With our expertise in BPO processes and BPO management, we can fix the gaps in your process and offer you with a seamless BPO process that will have a definite impact on your business.
Outsourcing Works? Call Center
Testimonials Call Center
Transparency Call Center
Training Process Get the O2I Call
Center Advantage Multilingual
Call Centers Bilingual
Call Centers Hispanic Call
Center Services Spanish Inbound
Call Center Spanish Outbound
Call Center Spanish
Technical Support Spanish Telemarketing
- Outsource2india Delivered CCTV Surveillance Services to an Aluminum Recycling Company in the US
- Outsource2india Delivered Virtual Assistant Services to an Autism Therapy Provider
- Outsource2india’s Effective Lead Generation Services Created Tremendous Business Impact
- Provided Lead Generation Services to Company in the Medical Insurance Sector
- Outsource2india Assisted a Successful Health Supplement Providing Company with Enhanced Customer Support Solutions
- Optimizing Customer Journey through Efficient e-Commerce Product Catalog Management
Call Center Services in Philippines Hire Talented & Friendly Agents for your Call Center Read More