Outsourcing to Pune
The city of Pune, situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra is fast becoming a leading outsourcing destination. The outsourcing industry in Pune has been thriving because of its proximity to Mumbai, urban infrastructure facilities and large availability of skilled resources. With nine universities and over 100 educational institutions, Pune has rightly been nicknamed as "The Oxford of the East". Pune has the most number of schools, colleges and universities in India, making it a popular location for both foreign and Indian students. The growing number of migrants to Pune from other India states has turned cosmopolitan Pune into one of India’s fastest growing urban cities.
Pune’s large student population has led to an ample
availability of skilled resources and made it a popular
outsourcing destination among foreign investors. The
first IT parks were put up in Pune in the year 2000 to
support new IT companies setting up a base in the city.
Pune has come a long way since then and now has several
IT parks all over the city. Magarpatta Cybercity, Marisoft
IT Park, Rajiv Gandhi IT Park, MIDC Software Technology
Park at Talawade, Weikfield IT Park, International Convention
Center (ICC) and Kumar Cerebrum IT Park at Kalyani Nagar
are some of the famous IT parks in Pune.
Why outsource to Pune?
- Pune offers a large talent pool of 650,000 students specializing across various fields. Pune has 526 affiliated graduate colleges and the most number of engineering colleges in India. As an outsourcer, you can find skilled resources in Pune for almost any service.
- Pune is home to a large number of industries, the popular ones being automotive, engineering and pharmaceutical. This has made Pune an industrial hub.
- Over the years, Pune has been inviting foreign software companies, both large and small to set base in the city. Today, Pune has 212 software companies, followed by Bangalore and Hyderabad. However, Pune is yet to break Mumbai’s record of 300 software companies.
- Pune is the best Indian outsourcing location to outsource engineering services to, as you can find many global engineering setups in the city. Pune is also famous for product development and research services.
- If you are keen on outsourcing customer support, legal process outsourcing, infrastructure management services, finance and accounting services, application development or product development, Pune is the best location, as you can easily find skilled labor for these services.
- When compared to other outsourcing locations, Pune offers low labor costs. Entry–level IT executives in Pune earn between $270 and $290 while entry level BPO executives earn around $180 to $200.
- The Maharashtra IT policy provides special incentives to the IT industry, thereby making Pune a preferred outsourcing destination in India. The government has also created favorable and business friendly operational policies.
- Pune has a pleasant climate throughout the year. When compared to Mumbai, Pune has better local travel and housing facilities. The city also has lower real estate costs and a low cost of living. This has attracted IT resources from other parts of India.
- When compared to Mumbai and Delhi, Pune is considered to be a safe destination when it comes to terrorism and crime.
Pune is home to leading service providers
Mahindra Satyam, Infosys and Wipro all conduct their BPO operations from Pune. WNS, EDS, Convergys and EXL are some of the other leading BPO service providers in the city. Global firms such as, Symantec, Microsoft, Microsoft, Amdocs, HSBC Software, Oracle, Citi and Kanbay have setup operations in Pune. When it comes to ITO services, you can choose from Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Accenture, Cognizant, CSC, Wipro Zensar, Geometric and HCL amongst others.
Five star luxury hotels in Pune
Make your business visit to India an unforgettable experience by booking a room at any of the five star luxury hotels in Pune. Whether it is playing squash with an associate at the squash court, relaxing at the health club, meeting vendors in fully–equipped boardrooms or unwinding at a rooftop pool, you can be sure to experience sophisticated comfort at Pune’s luxury hotels. Make your choice from any one of the following five star luxury hotels in Pune:
- Hotel Courtyard Marriott
- Hotel Le Meridien
- Hotel Royal Orchid Golden Suites
- Hotel Sun–n–Sand
- The Taj
- Gordon House
- The Pride Hotel
- Hotel Gandharv Residency
- Aurora Towers
- Brookside Hotel
- Kohinoor Executive
- Sagar Plaza
- Lemon Tree
- Park Ornate
- Quality Inn Centurion
- St Laurn
- Central Park
Tourist attractions in Pune
While on the business of outsourcing, do take time off to travel around the cultural capital of Maharashtra and discover the tourist attractions in Pune. You can go back in time and admire the great architecture of the past by visiting the numerous forts, monuments and museums in the city. Pune also has beautiful gardens. Some of the famous tourist attractions in the city are:
- Aga Khan Palace
- Film and Television Institute of India
- Lal Mahal
- Osho Commune International
- Parvati Hill and Temple
- Raj Bhavan
- Shaniwar Wada
- Shindyanchi Chhatri
- Bund Garden
- Empress Garden Pune
- Peshwa Udyan
- Saras Baug
- Ambedkar Museum
- Mahatma Phule Museum
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum
- Tribal Museum
- Fire Temple
- Pataleshwar Cave Temple
- St. Mary’s Church
Pune’s low cost labor pool and easy availability of IT skills have made the city of Pune an ideal outsourcing destination for service providers and customers alike. Make a decision to outsource to Pune and see a marked improvement in your business.
Would you be interested in talking to us about your requirements?
Would you be interested in reading more?
Which Indian city has best resources, set-up & tops outsourcing league? Find India's 11 most preferred cities.
Bangalore, is the largest & preferred outsourcing hub with highest number of IT, R&D, electronics & software companies.
Favorable government policies, urban infrastructure & quality resources make Mumbai a popular outsourcing destination.
Cyberabad, is the outsourcing hub for healthcare, software testing, customer support, product development & ADM services.
Foreign investors prefer Chennai for Telecom connectivity, cheap skilled labor, inexpensive living & urban infrastructure.